Thursday, July 1, 2010

Disillusion

I didn't write yesterday. First of all, since I was nearly the whole day in Helsinki to do some shopping before the VAT-rise of today. Secondly because I had some administrative stuff to do in the evening and then totally forgot to write here.

So, first things first:
A. and I went yesterday to Helsinki to do, as mentioned, some shopping. But also we took A's aunt to Pasila. She had been here for over a week to celebrate Midsummer with us and was taking the train home. Further we had to get out of Ekenäs and to come to a big city again. Since we both feel more comfortable in big cities it was necessary to go there after nearly two months in this small town. It was good to be around people again. To walk through busy streets and to watch people walking by, while sitting on a bench in the sun on Esplanadi.

We were strolling around the city and walked into nearly every shop. It was on the one hand necessary, since one of my jeans broke during the trip with A's father's boat, and I needed a replacement. On the other hand it is just nice to see if you find nice and cheap clothes during the sales. We had lunch in Wrong Noodle Bar, one of my favorite places to eat in Helsinki and got a coffee in Robert's Coffee. It was just a good day in Helsinki.

When we came home I was checking my e-mails, where I hoped to find an approval of my internship placement. However it came how it had to come and my placement was not approved. The reason for the declination, however, was not really solid, so I wrote an e-mail back and hope to change it now. It's really disappointing, I was sending application over application - about 50 in number - and didnt get any placements. Now that I have one, my university is not approving it. I was also calling my father just to tell him and now, since he is the financier of my studies, he is also going to step in. Let's see how the university will react.

Anyways, I am now going to fix myself and start the day.

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment