Saturday, July 24, 2010

Night out!

Yesterday I did not write, because I was pretty occupied. In the morning I went to work and after that I went to the shop to buy some stuff. After returning to the hostel I was just sitting around talking to other people, had something to eat and soon made my way to my colleague S's flat.

She is living in a "kollektiv" with 9 other girls and they wanted to go out later. We were pre-drinking and chatting. It was fun and after a while also N. one of the other trainee's arrived in the flat. We stayed a little longer in the flat and went then to a bar in Grünerløkka.

In the bar I was talking to a Norwegian guy. He was funny and offered me after a while a beer. Since alcohol is very expensive here in Norway I did not decline the offer. After I talked to one of S's flatmates, a Finnish girl, somebody poked me in my back and as I turned around I saw one girl, who is working in the hostel. I was sitting down and talking two minutes to her, which one of her friends maybe didn't like.

He sat down next to me and was asking me, where I was from. When I answered "Germany" he turned away in a disgusted way and said "I hate all Germans!"

What followed was a clash of him telling me, how stupid I was, because I am German, what he didn't like about Germans and therefore also me and of insulting me. I on the other hand was trying to tell him, that he should not judge people because of obvious things like nationality, religion or skin color. However, he was so stuck in his thoughts and phrases about Germans and Germany and did not even listen to me and let me finish my sentences, that I just gave it up and left.

I was pretty pissed afterwards and since S. and N. left in the meanwhile I also decided to go back to the hostel. When I got there, I couldn't sleep at all, because I was so mad and disappointed! I was talking to H. one of my room mates who is also already staying for a couple of days, like me.

I think it's sad, that there are people like these, talking in such ways. This is the first time in my life, that I know, that I can understand, why there is war in the world. If there is two people of this kind meeting each other it will for sure end up in a huge fight!

However, I think it's even more sad, that a fascist like this (and he can be seen as that, since a fascist is a person, who has "prejudice in relation to the subject specified", Meaning prejudice against something specific) can have such an effect on me and can destroy my evening. Until I talked to him the evening was great, but now I am asking myself, why I went out yesterday and didn't stay in the hostel. It's sad, that a stupid as*hole like this makes me think like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment