Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Viewings!

Wow, what a day!

I just came back from a couple of flat-viewings and now I am totally done, sitting in the lobby of the hostel.

The day started pretty easy, just going to work again. There was not a lot to do, which was extremely tiring. However, there was a nice interruption of the slight boredom, which was coming up. S. and I had kitchen duty. Kitchen duty means, that you have to go shopping and cook for the other employees. This goes round the trainees, so that everybody has to cook every now and then. We made risotto with vegetables and salad, pretty simple.

Then directly after work I walked the 3km to the first flat. The flat is actually located in one of the best areas of Oslo, directly at the point where all metro lines come together, which means, that there come a metro every 2 minutes, which would be nice. However, the flat was pretty filthy and the room was super small. In the ad was stated 9m², but the room was maximum 4-5m² and didn't even had a desk or a chair. Ok, it was cheap, but not even for that price I would take it!Also the flat was not really a "kollektiv", it was just a bunch of people, living in the same flat, sharing bathroom and kitchen. According to the landlord, who took me around, every tenant has his/her own life. Not really what I was looking for. Also the kitchen was dirty and the big table just had one chair, so not really giving the possibility to sit together!Anyways, after that I walked back to the hostel and just quickly threw my stuff into the room, since I had to go to another viewing. While being in the room I was called again for another viewing and we agreed to meet after the one I was about to go to.

I went from the hostel along the Akerselva, a small river passing through Oslo, to the flat. It was a really nice walk, since it was so cool under the trees.The next flat was a small surprise. I expected it to be fully furnished and especially ready to move in. When I came in I was shocked, the owner was still renovating and told me that it would take him 10 more days. The flat was really nice, the rooms were pretty small, but it had a big kitchen and especially a living room with an open fire place, which would be awesome in winter. However, the flat would be pretty expensive, but I am still considering it.

After that I went just down the street to meet up with the girl, who called me, while being in the hostel. She showed me the flat, which was small as well. Also my room would be really small and quite expensive, which is basically normal for Oslo.I would be living just with this girl there, who just moved out from her parents and will start studying now. She seemed nice and was basically saying, that I could have the room. Also this room I will consider, since it has a big bed, a small desk, a small couch and a window to the nice and quiet backyard.However, I will not make any decision until tomorrow, where I will have two more viewings. I will see, how the flats and also the people are and then - provided, that they want to have me - decide, which flat to take. I've never been in this situation before and I now can understand why it is so hard. Basically all the flats have their pros and cons, which have to be considered.

Anyways, I will sleep one night, will go to work tomorrow, have the viewing and then all the impressions are a little matured. I mean it's just for half a year, it's not a decision for a lifetime. I will figure it out.

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment