Sunday, July 4, 2010

Awesome Day!

I didn't write yesterday. I was just too occupied enjoying life.

The day started with sleeping long and then having breakfast in the sun. After the breakfast A. and I had to do some garden work. Her father had cut the hedges around the house an hour before they left for two weeks and left us the job of picking up the cut branches. So we did that and since it was already so warm and nice, we were doing this in our swimming gear.

Then around noon we went to the beach close by. We were playing football and Frisbee in the shallow water, were swimming and sunbathing. It was sunny and warm with a smooth and nicely cooling wind. We stayed there for some time and then went back to the house to shower and fix ourselves.

We went then to town to watch the match between Argentina and Germany. The pub was in an old storage house at the harbor. It was pretty crowded and everybody, except of one man, was for Germany. It was really good and after a while I realized, that I was sitting next to a German guy, who was in Finland for his vacation. It was the first "public viewing" of this world cup for me and I really enjoyed being among people again.

After the game we quickly went home, prepared and ate dinner. The recipe of my mother for the zucchini lasagna worked out perfectly and was so tasty. We were then leaving to town with the bikes. We went first to M. & O's place to have a couple of drinks and watch the rest of the Spain game. When the game was over we made our way through town down to the harbor, where the only club of Ekenäs is.

We had a good night out there and met a lot of people. I realized how many of A's friends I already know and even recognize. It was really good to go out and dance again, I haven't done this for a long time.

Now we just woke up and will go to another, bigger beach close to Ekenäs soon. Therefore I am stopping my post here.

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment