Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

Today was a super nice day, with a lot of stuff to do and a lot of nice happenings.

It started off with pretty long sleeping, which was nice, since A. was all the time before getting up around 5 o'clock, for work. Anyways, we were then having morning coffee, talking and preparing sandwiches and snacks. We were about to go to Högsand, a for Finland pretty long and wide beach close to Ekenäs. We took A's small niece with us, since she really enjoys spending time with A.

When we were picking her up, she was already eagerly waiting for us with loads of stuff, like a frisbee, and inflatable boat and so on. She couldn't wait to leave.We spent a really nice couple of hours at the beach and enjoyed the weather and the sea. This beach is actually really nice, since you can walk far in, just having the water up to the ankle.

Then when we came back and were taking the post out of the post box the good news arrived. I ordered a couple of days ago a new camera. It's Canon EOS 1000D with a Tamron 18-200mm Lens. I was waiting for it already a couple of days and hoped, that it would arrive before I would leave Finland. In the postbox was just a notification, that I could pick up the package at the post office.It was weird though, since there were three of these notifications. A and I thought that the company might sent the Lens and the Camera and something else in separate boxes. Anyways, I made my way to the post office and A went to the shower, since we wanted to go later still to her brother's summer cottage.

When I came there I gave the women at the counter the papers and she was doing her stuff on the PC, putting in something and went to the back. When she came back, I was slightly shocked, since she was bringing two huge packages. The one I could not see what it was, but the other one was clearly a bike.

A. had been participating a couple of weeks ago in a competition of Fanta and she had gotten a notification, that she had been a week's winner and the price was a Jopo-bike. She had been waiting for it for ages and actually did not really expected it to come in the next time. Now it was there and when I came home, she was totally happy and kinda speechless.We both got things, we had been waiting for for a long time and now these things were finally there. It was like Christmas.

However, we didn't have enough time to enjoy it. We were heading to Öby, a village close by, where the family of her sister in law has their summer cottages. A. had been telling about this place a lot and I wanted to see it before I leave Finland. So we basically invited ourselves for a nice barbecue.

When we came home, we fixed the Jopo-bike, A. took a test-ride and then I quickly changed and we biked to the beach, where I took an evening swim.It was such an amazing day, that it makes me sad to know that I am soon leaving and we wont have any more of these days. I really like it here now, which is mainly because of A. and it will be hard to leave. But you have to move on in life, it just goes on and on!

~M~

1 comment:

  1. Cool!! Seem that you´re squeezing your time in Ekenas!! Show us the pics that you do, ok??
    See you soon my friend!

    ReplyDelete