Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Beer with the Girls!

Yesterday evening I went, as I mentioned before, out for a couple of drinks with my colleagues from work. I thought that we would be more people, but somehow I misunderstood that the real goodbye is today in the evening!Anyways, we went from the meeting point through the city, looking for a pub or a bar. Since I am here just for two weeks now and didn't really go out that much, I didn't know where to go, but neither did S. or N., the two girls from work.We walked from Oslo S, the central station, down Karl Johans gate, the main tourist street in Oslo and then passed the national theater and walked to Aker Brygge a super fancy, newly build part of the down in the old harbor area. Like in many other downs the old harbor area was used to build luxury apartments and expensive shops and bars. Now this area is one of the most expensive places to live in Oslo.
As a result all the bars were of course super fancy and had extremely high prices we went into some to see the menu, but then decided to leave again and drink somewhere else.So we made our way back to the city, passing the Nobel Peace Center and the Town Hall and went to Torggata. When going to the meeting point I came through this street and saw there a really nice bar and funnily this was exactly the place the girls were then heading for. So we went into Cafe Sør and I gotta say, that I really love this place. It's just super relaxed and nicely furnished. Also the people working there were pretty cool and fun to talk to!After we had been sitting there for a while we went to another bar, just one block away. It was called People's and had a huge terrace outside on the square. We sat down, had a drink and were just talking and having a good time. I was playing around with my new camera a bit and was trying to get to know all the functions better. It was a good time and we were taking funny pictures, but these mostly with N's camera!Anyways, the evening didn't last so long, we were all tired. So I went back to the flat, where I found my flat mate T. with two friends. I was sitting and talking to them, having one more beer, until 1 o'clock in the night. Then I got too tired and went to bed!

All in all it was a really nice evening and it was good to go out with some people again. I saw new places and start to like this city more and more. I guess I will soon go to town. I will look for a small tripod and for a book store. I want to buy something to read and a tour guide of Norway. Since I don't know so much about this country it might be nice to see what you can do and where you can go here. I actually skipped my planned trip to IKEA for today. I will get some stuff from S. today and tomorrow, since she is leaving! After that I can decide what I have to buy and will go to IKEA on Monday or Tuesday after work!
~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment