Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday!

Today is Saturday and right now I am sitting with P., a Dutch girl, who is staying in the same room like me, downstairs in the lobby of the hostel. She is doing a summer course here in Oslo and is studying and I am looking at pictures and writing this post.
We went earlier, together with Y., a Japanese guy, to the train station. It was just to come out of the hostel and also because P. wanted to buy a 7-day bus-ticket. While being on the way I realized, I should finally buy a Norwegian SIM-Card. So I went into the Lebara-shop and got me a prepaid-card. I didn't put it in yet and I dont know the number. I still need to have my Finnish number, because I used it to have contact with the landlords or the flats. So until I have a flat I wont use the Norwegian number.Anywho, it was nice to walk in the warm late-summer sun. We went to some small shops and bought fresh fruit and then to a supermarket for some more food. I am now starting to get a feeling for the Norwegian money and prices. It's really important so I am not living totally over budget, which was the case in the first week.Regarding the flat search: It's not going anywhere right now. After 2 or 3 days having a full schedule with viewings it's now again really slow. The people are not answering or the flats are extremely expensive and cost more than I would be willing to pay. I am really annoyed, since I didn't think it would be THAT hard to find a flat here. I hope I will figure something out withing the next week! I really want, no I need, to have a base here finally!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment