Saturday, August 7, 2010

Summer Saturday!

I am back from my 4 hour stroll and shopping trip through the city! I needed to do some shopping, but when I came out this noon to start I just turned around and went back to the flat. It was so warm and lovely weather, that I changed the jeans to shorts and left the hoodie at home and took my hat instead! The right decision!I actually just wanted to go quickly food shopping. I planned to fill up my drawer in the kitchen with a lot of stuff you need all the time, like pasta, rice, bouillon and stuff! But on the way I reconsidered, I made my way down to Aker Brygge, the quarter, which I mentioned in one of my earlier posts.It was nice to walk around there, today is Melafestivalen here in Oslo, which is a famous, free of charge open air festival! It's already on since yesterday and will be until tomorrow! It was so nice, everywhere were stands selling all kind of stuff, everywhere was music and it was just so lovely and lively, also supported by the nice weather, of course! I already agreed with C., a Finnish girl I met here, that we are going to go there tonight together again!After the stroll around the festival I went to do, what I actually wanted to do. I went to Clas Ohlson, a stuff shop, and bought some food containers and a shaver, since I really need to shave today, I think!After that I went to Åhléns, another stuff shop to buy some linen and stuff. Since I am not so familiar with the prices, yet, and also because, I have to admit it, didn't really look at the prices I bought for NOK 1008,- linen. This is about €130,-, which I realized a couple of minutes later! So I went back and gave the things back, I just can't afford something that expensive!

Anyways, when I came out of the shop I had a small chat with a girl, who was trying to make me subscribe to Amnesty International. She soon realized, that I would not subscribe, but we had a nice 5-minute chat about this and that! Really refreshing and I think you also need something like this in a job like that, where everybody is just running past and ignores you!

I then went to a shop in Storgata, where I had been, when I was living in the hostel. This shop basically has everything and since the quarter is mainly inhabited by immigrants it has a lot of imported things, which makes it extremely good for shopping. Also the prices are reasonable and cheaper than other supermarkets. Especially for fresh vegetables this is the place to go!I did a lot of shopping and went for some small things still to other shops and two different supermarkets, since I didn't get everything I needed - or better wanted.When I came home I was sweating like hell, from all the stuff I was carrying! Now I have a lot of things to cook with and will do it soon I guess! Tomorrow I will make pea-soup, with the recipe of my mom. I am now going cook something and will then shave and shower, as I mentioned before.

Then I'll go to Rådhusplassen to the festival!

~M~

PS: This is what I did yesterday in the evening, since I was too tired to go out!This is what my Rough Guide of Norway, now looks like! It was actually a lot of fun to do it, so I had to take a picture of it!

1 comment:

  1. it seems like you got lots of fun up there.
    thanks for keeping us up-to-date :)

    greetz from munich

    ps: well done. your guide looks as cool as mine i made back in moscow!

    ReplyDelete