Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Package from Germany!

Today was a fine day at work! I am better now, got my flu nearly away and am now recovering. After the nice evening yesterday I had a good night sleep and woke up nice and fresh!

The day was slow, I had kitchen duty again and was cooking something. I was not satisfied with the result and did not like the food myself that much. I hope the others didn't mind.

There was not so much to do, but I kept myself occupied with some work and got some things done. It was again a day, where I did things, that are boring, but have to be done at some point. In the end however, about an hour before the shift was over, there was nothing really to do and I wasn't in the mood to do some creative work and so I was basically just killing time.

After work I went to the train station and wanted to buy a new monthly ticket, but it was so full, that I decided to do it tomorrow instead. I went then to the post office to pick up a package my parents sent me. I just got the notification from the post to pick it up.

Then when I had picked up the package I met up with C., the Finnish girl I met here. We went for an after work beer to talk a bit. She was supposed to stay here until the end of the month, but her employer gave her the last week off. So, now she changed her flights and is leaving already tomorrow. It's quite sad, because we had a good time together, whenever we met and now she is leaving!

After like 1,5 hours we left the bar we were in and went home. Well, I went to my place and she went to hers to finish packing and cleaning. When I got home I opened the package! Thanks to my mum and dad for all the stuff they sent me. The main thing, why they sent a package was my new tripod for my camera. However, since the package was allowed to have a weight of up to 2kg the filled it up with all diferent stuff. Thanks for that!
Now I am happy about the tripod and will for sure try it tonight. The main reason for me to have it is for taking pictures with long exposure or self portraits with the timer function. Lets see how it will work!

I will relax now and wait for A. to come online to talk to her a bit!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment