Sunday, August 15, 2010

A day at the beach!

This was exceptional! Simple as! I just came back after about 6 hours at a beach on Bygdøy! This is wonderful spot here in Oslo! I had such a great time!

After I posted this morning I fixed myself and made my way just around the corner to pick up a bike. Here in Oslo they have a really good bike sharing system, you pay once a fee of a couple of Kronor and the you can rent a bike for a maximum of three hours! You can pick the up from numerous stations all around the city and can leave it at another, you dont have to bring it back to the same one, which is convenient!Anyways, since I do not have a bike my plan was to rent one for a couple of hours and then go quickly in between to the closest rental station to change it to another, but I was too lazy, when we were at the beach. So now I have one penalty point on the card, which is ok. You can have three until it gets blocked!

So back to the story; I picked up a bike and was lucky. There was just one bike left at the station and there was a man coming, while I was taking it out, being disappointed, since he also needed a bike and there was none left!

I made my way down to L's flat, where we met up to then go to the beach. We were packing the last stuff, the grill and the meat and everything we needed and were then setting off to the peninsula. It was a really nice ride along the waterline, between yacht harbor and one of the highway rings of Oslo.We came to the peninsula and passed by the Norsk Folkemuseum, where I got a new bike, just to win some more time, which in the end would not have been necessary!Anyways, we then went to the beach and found us a nice spot a little bit away from the masses on the slate! We set up the grill and went for a swim! It was lovely weather and nice water! After being in Finland now so long and swimming there in the Baltic Sea I have to say, that the water here is fresher! It's hard to describe, but it is simply like that!After the swim we were drying in the sun and were barbecuing! It was so nice to finally have something grilled again. The last time I grilled was in Finland and this is now nearly five weeks ago!We were there on the beach, were enjoying the sun, swimming every now and then and reading, chatting and laughing. I really felt good talking to L's friends and had the feeling we came along quite well! Now I am really considering to go with them to Stavanger, since L. asked me a couple of days ago if I would like to come as well!We stayed there on the beach until 7 pm and went then slowly home. I still went to L's flat, she wanted to have the pictures I took and I also still had stuff of her, that I took in my backpack!Now I am home, just had a shower, some dinner and was talking to A. I now have another flatmate, he just arrived and is now arranging his stuff, which his parents and his brother brought a couple of days ago!

I will now finish my beer and watch a movie or something. I have to be fit for work tomorrow!

~M~

2 comments:

  1. I would reconsider my idea of going to Oslo now instead of October reading what you did yesterday :) But unfortunately I can´t :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really a great Sunday! A great day: fantastic weather, beach, sun, BBQ, swimming and sunbathing, nice atmosphere among friends... Simply wonderful!
    L.

    ReplyDelete