Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Busy Day!

I just came back from work! It was super busy today and I had a lot to do. We got a couple of last minute bookings today. People, who booked for a travel date 4 to 8 days ahead, who were then pushing us, that they had to know if everything was available and everything would work out, so they could book the flights.

These cases require a very efficient work and in a way perseverance, patience and persistence. You really have to make sure to get all confirmations of all suppliers as quickly as possible and especially before THEY leave the office. This can be very hard from time to time, because no matter how annoying you get and how often you call them and how often they tell you that they are doing it at the moment or will do it right away, they often lie to your face... well actually to your ear, because they actually don't care, that you have a client sitting there pushing you!
Ok, in a way this is a little exaggerated; I know these people also have their stuff to do and work hard, but still on days like these you bury your understanding and just want that everything is working out fine and as quickly as possible. And on days like these you also get the feeling that there is, that there can't be, anything more important than your request! ;-)

Anyways, we made it quite well through the day although other stuff like a long break or the updating of the prices of 2011 had to be dropped. It was really nice to work so quick again, to have this pressure and now I feel really good! I realized, that I am already able to handle such situations and especially regarding the fact that my colleague T. told me, that I am going to be all alone for 3(!) weeks during October, I feel more and more confident about my work!

On my way back I went to the train station to pick up my tickets, that I booked on the weekend! I am going to go to Stockholm the weekend after to visit A. and spend some time with her. My boss T. told me, that if I would need days off, I should just tell her and so I can already go on Friday morning and dont have to go to work that day!I am really glad about this situation and considering, what I hear from other people in their internships I had a lucky shot, although I know, I should not miss-use it. I dont think I am doing it, I also stay longer if I have to and offered also to work on stuff, where I do not need internet, on the train or bus or plane, when getting a day more off!

When I came back, the door of our flat was wide open and I realized a minute later, that the people I had met in the staircase were the parents of my new flatmate, who brought his stuff to the flat. He is coming on the weekend I reckon, then we will be three here in the flat!

Otherwise there is nothing to say, everything is fine somehow, the weather is good and my fridge is full, what do I want more?!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment