Thursday, August 19, 2010

Compliments!

This was a good day! Although I was super tired and barely made it out of bed I had a good start into the day! I was happy somehow, the coffee and the breakfast were good and so I made my way downtown to the office!

The morning went well, I was not messing up things and I had gotten all confirmations of suppliers yesterday after I left the office.

I had kitchen duty today, which means, that you have to make lunch for everybody, go to shop and clean the kitchen after lunch. While I was writing the shopping list T., my boss, asked me to come to the conference room. We sat down and she thanked me for how I handled the situation yesterday! She said, that it was good that I did not panic and very professional how I fixed the situation with her guidance. She furthermore said, that I am doing a really good job and that she is happy about my numerous input regarding the development of the website and the products!

I am here now for about five weeks and was so happy about this positive feedback after such a short time. I can not really put the positivity of this feedback into words here, it was just so much positive things she said and things she thanked me for.

After that I went food shopping and when I came back I started cooking. I had the recipes folder, my mum made me, taken to the office and cooked a Greek-style rice dish, with paprika and feta cheese. When everybody came to lunch they were all saying that it looked good, when they tried it, they were saying that it also tasted good. Actually I also got for my food so positive feedback, some of the colleagues came even later in the afternoon again and said, that they really enjoyed the lunch and that had never happened before.

The afternoon went slowly as always and I was doing some creative work and was doing some research for the product development. Then I cleaned the kitchen, brought down the bin and was emptying the dishwasher. Normal kitchen duty.

In the end of the shift, when everybody was already gone I was still talking to T. and A., the big boss of the company. We were talking about this and that and A. said, that our colleagues in one department of the Stockholm office were pretty swamped with work, at which T. mentioned, that I was going to Stockholm this weekend. After that A. pulled out her cellphone and called someone in our Stockholm office. She asked them if I should help out with the work there for the next week. I was already super happy, that I might would have the opportunity to stay in Stockholm for the whole week and work in the company I actually applied to. Sadly, since it is different from what I am doing right now they would have wanted someone, who is a bit more experienced than I am.

Anyways, I was then told that I maybe will help out later in that department and pretty sure also in the Oslo office of this part of the company. I am super happy about it and hope, that I really get the opportunity to do it, since this "incentive" part was the thing I actually applied for!

However, I am also happy with what I am doing right now. As I said, I can use my brain, can be creative and a lot of my ideas and input will be used in the new version of our website! That's all great!

Now I will start packing my stuff, I am leaving tomorrow early in the morning and will be in Stockholm in the early afternoon!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment