Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lazy morning!

I just had lunch! I ate the delicious pea-soup I made last weekend and then froze for later use. This is the kind of food which tastes better, when warmed up than freshly made.Today is a wonderful day! I slept long and had lazy breakfast, was writing with A. over Skype and went quickly to the Kiwi on the corner to get some beer for tonight, before they have to stop selling alcohol at 3 pm. The alcohol laws here in Norway are even more ridiculous than in Finland! Monday till Friday until 8 pm, Saturday until 3 pm and Sunday not at all!

Never mind, I have my beer for tonight and that's the main thing! I will go tonight to an ERASMUS party organized by the University of Oslo. I reckon it's a good way to meet new international people and from my time in Helsinki I know, that these parties are normally quite fun!

This morning I was also trying to plan my trip to the North Cape, but it seems more difficult than I thought. The regular buses dont seem to go during the weekend in the times I would need, which makes it a problem for me, since I am on a budget, obviously, and also have a tight schedule. I am now considering of renting a car for 2 days. I found a cheap offer by Sixt and guess I will take it. However, I will still wait for the bus company to answer!While I was looking up accommodation I encountered a funny situation; Honningsvåg, which is a teeny-tiny village with 3.500 inhabitants close to the North Cape is found by hostelworld.com and hostelbookers.com, but Alta, a small town with about 20.000 inhabitants and an international airport is not existing in the system! Weird, but funny!

Now I reckon I will go out and read a bit in a park or something!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment