Thursday, August 26, 2010

Learning Every Day!

Today was a good day at work! I had a lot to do, was busy with three last minute bookings and a lot of other things. The bookings were tours, which are rarely booked and so I had a lot of questions. The problem was, that T. was busy too. With my questions I could really tell how I was annoying her. She was at some point telling me off, but apologizing later on for it.

For me it was ok, I know how busy she always is and how much work she keeps for herself or want to do herself. I am also not taking things like this personally. Of course I was talking less to her after that, but I did not feel bad about asking or the criticism. I mean, I am still a trainee and if I dont know something I have to ask before messing things up.

However, these tours I had to book today were active tours, which include mountain biking, white water rafting and RIB boat safaris. They are actually pretty cool I think and I would love to do something like this at some point.
There are just few people booking these tours however, because they are, of course, exhausting and our customers are rather elderly people and also because they are pretty expensive, due to all the special activities.

Anyways, I can really say, that I was learning a lot today. I got to know more of our products and also suppliers. I had to check a lot of things and was booking things in the trial-and-error method, because I didn't wanted to bother T. with too much unnecessary questions.

Now I am going to eat something quickly, my flatmates just asked me if I would come to the movies with them. It has been a long time since I was in the cinema and really wanna see the movie we are going to. Also I am pretty social today and know I will enjoy it. Now I have to hurry, because it's pretty soon, that we are leaving!
~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment