Monday, August 23, 2010

Eventful Day!

Today was an extremely eventful day! There are things I want and can talk about and others, that are internal stuff of my company, which I can't talk about! Sorry about that!

Anyways, the day started off with me going to the bank to finally open a bank account. When I got there I took a waiting number and quickly it was my turn. I went to the guy, who then told me, that he would need one certain paper, which I of course did not have with me. So I went quickly back home, then to the bank and actually got the same guy as a consultant again. So he opened my bank account and now I am waiting to get my card and everything by post!

After the bank I went through town, enjoying the sunshine and made my way over to the office. It was weird to come there again. There are a lot of people having holidays now and a lot of trainees left, so the office was empty and pretty quiet. The day went past with some stuff happening. I also got a massage, which was nice. It is, as I mentioned before, every second week massage week and after I got a bit sick it was a really good thing to happen to me!

However, the real highlight of the day came after work. My boss, T., asked me if I would like to come to watch a football match with some colleagues. Of course I said yes and so we went. What I did not know was, that this actually was not ordinary football watching, but a fam-trip of a hotel next to the stadium, which opened recently.Fam-trips are promotion trips or events of hotels for tour operators and travel agencies, to present their product and to "pamper" the travel agents a bit. So we looked at two rooms and went then to the stadium. We got a private lounge, with a nice dinner and free drinks included. The view was marvelous and so to say the best, well what am I saying, the only way to watch a football match.The match was not so important and the stadium was pretty small. The match was Oslo against some team, which just came up from the second league and was not that good. The first half was eventles, the second half was a bit better, Oslo made three goals and the players nearly had a fist fight on the field.We however had a good time and really started to feel wealthy and very very important.
It was good to be out with the colleagues. I really enjoyed the time with them and had some time to talk to them besides work! Afterwards we still went to the "after party", where we all got some more drinks for free and some of the players were still interviewed. We were standing around, talking and then finally went home.It was a nice experience and it was one of the nice parts of this job. I hope there are more things like this to come and I get the opportunity to participate in it!

~M~

PS: I even got a t-shirt of the team from Oslo!

No comments:

Post a Comment