Friday, September 17, 2010

Relaxed morning!

This is really good and needed! I got this day off from work! Yesterday I went to Stockholm to visit A. It was her birthday yesterday, therefore I went late in the evening by plane here to see her!
I got up this morning with her, since she had to go to work. I was relaxing the whole morning, had breakfast and was drinking a lot of tea, which was good, since I was the last couple of days totally dehydrated.
Anyways, I sat the whole morning on the couch, first watching one episode of How I met your Mother and then reading a book. It is funny to read, since the guy is traveling around Europe and was right now exactly in the part where I am from. It was funny to read, what he wrote about the small towns like Spa, Dinant and Brugge in Belgium (since I know them) and it was even more interesting, what he wrote about my hometown, Aachen!
It's funny to read and recognize all the places he is describing. It's amazing, how you suddenly realize, that you haven't been in your hometown for so long! The last time I was there is over 9 months ago and back then I was only there for four days. So basically I haven't been home for nearly 14 months by now. I really start missing it lately and am looking forward to be there after my internship again!

Anyways, now it's already 11 o'clock, I have a lunch date with A. at 12 o'clock. I will start fixing myself and then make my way to the city. I guess the afternoon I will do a 2-hour boat sightseeing trip and in the evening we will meet up with H. & L., who just recently got a child! So looking forward to this day!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment