Sunday, September 26, 2010

Perfect Sunday!

This was really how a Sunday should be! I slept long, got up late, had breakfast and coffee and was lazing around until 3.30 pm or so. Then I fixed myself to go out and enjoy the nice autumn weather!

However, I did not just stroll around or something, I had a mission! A couple of days ago during the autumn festival I lost a part of my tripod close to a waterfall. The piece however did not fall into the river, but was lying on a rock below. Since it was dark and wet last time I didn't wanted to risk to fall into the river, while attempting to get the part.

So today I wanted to go again there during the day to see, what I could do. Since I wasn't sure about the whole thing I packed some stuff; I took a rope and gloves with me to get down/come up. Furthermore I took a towel and new clothes - just in case.

So I went up there to the waterfall by bus. I could see already from far away, that there was more water coming over the edge than last time. Last time it was just a small part on the one side of the dam, where the water came over. This time it came over the whole dam, since it had been raining the last three days. 

I already thought the rock would be under water and the piece of my tripod gone, but I wanted to double-check and went to the rail. I looked down and there it was. It was lying far above the water at a point where it wont fall easily.

I checked where I could go down and then make my way to the rock, but when seeing the water I reconsidered and decided to do it later, when there is less water coming. The river is so much faster and stronger than last time and if I would fall into it now it could get very dangerous.

So I still went to the other side and took a look to confirm the place where I thought I would be able to get down and it looks good. When I went to the other side I realized, that it was the right decision to not go down there today. It was the place where I took the second picture of the waterfall during the autumn festival and although it is so far away from the waterfall I got wet by the spray of water.

Anyways, I then decided to walk home just to see the whole way in daylight once. It was amazing, I walked about 1 1/2 hours and enjoyed the nice autumn weather. The air was so easy to breath and I got warm from the walking! I really like this walk along the river and will for sure go there again soon!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment