Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Not my job!

Today was actually a good day at work! After being so energetic yesterday the tiredness came today! I had problems getting up and making it to work! It was a typical Tuesday; After my theory the Tuesday is actually the day, which is furthest away from a weekend!

Let me explain: Mondays you are still relaxed from the weekend, Wednesday is already the middle of the week and you know, that you have just as much in front of you as you already did, Friday is basically already weekend, therefore Thursday is so to say the last real day of the working week; and Tuesday... well, it's just Tuesday and nothing more!

Anyways, it was a typical Tuesday and I was doing my normal stuff. I also had kitchen duty, which was ok, since you get out of the office for a while, can go shopping and have to cook. Although many people in the office do not like it I think it is kinda relaxing! Especially when there is nice weather like today it is nice to take a walk to the store!

In the afternoon I then again had to do invoice control, which is totally not my thing. In my opinion it is brainless work and you just have to put in numbers and compare numbers to other numbers. It's all about numbers and... yeah, it's just not my thing!

The numbers and me... we tried for a long long time in school to become friends; it didn't really work! I accepted their existence and didn't wanted to have something to do with them, but they kept annoying me over the years. No matter how hard I tried, they never let me be!

After school and the first two years of university I finally got the contact with numbers to a minimum and now I again have to deal with them; I really can't understand how some people can do something like this for a living, as their job, 40 hours a week for over 40 years! They have to be totally mental!

Never mind; I am home now, I finished all my stuff for the day and will go on tomorrow with the invoice control! But it wont be long anymore, I just have to get rid of the pile I have on the desk. It's just to help out in accounting, since they just got too much over the last weeks and couldn't handle it alone!

There was a positive thing though today; T., my boss, is going on holidays soon and informed everybody in the office about it. She wrote an e-mail, which contained a hidden, but very positive feedback:
During my absence Moritz will be responsible for checking my e-mail, replying to requests, taking care of bookings. I am convinced that he will do a very good job (he is the one that knows Authentic [Scandinavia] best when I am away).
It made me so happy to read that and I felt so much appreciated. I know that the invoice control is not a punishment; in fact it is a lot of responsibility. This comment in the e-mail to everybody in the company made me feel very good about my job!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment