Thursday, September 23, 2010

A "new" Office!

Today it was a slow day and so T. decided, that we would "just quickly" re-arrange our tables in the office! Authentic Scandinavia hired a new full-time employee and therefore we needed one more desk. Since the seating right now is not really good for working together, when there are a lot of questions we wanted to re-order the tables!

We first had to change something on T's table and since we didn't had the right tools I quickly went to Clas Ohlson and bough them. We re-arranged everything and cleaned as well a bit. When we were done setting up our "island" our colleagues realized, that this kind of seating is much better and decided to do the same.

We decided to help them and suddenly the whole office was messy, shelves, tables, chairs everywhere; we also used the occasion to clean a bit and bring order into the cables and put them into these wire looms to not get a mess again. The "just quickly" ended up in arranging, cleaning, thinking and again re-arranging for over 3 hours!

It was funny tho, we were talking and laughing a lot! We now have so much more space in the office and the people that work together are actually sitting together, which will make it much more efficient to work and quieter in the office.

After this workout we all were so energetic and since the mood was good the talking and laughing went on! I think its good, when you have fun at work and come along with you co-workers. I especially love the flat hierarchy in SME's and think it's just good, that I can make jokes about my boss, as she does about me! I really like it here!

Now I am quickly home and put my laundry in! On the way home I went into a camera store to see a bit the prices of lenses. It's incredible! Here the products cost 70-100% more that in Germany. Basically the same package of camera+lens I bought costs here about EUR 1000,-, against less than EUR 500,- what I paid in Germany! When realizing this I didn't even check out the prices for fish-eye-lenses, which I actually came in for.
A picture taken with a fish-eye-lens

Anyways, I will maybe later on go out again. There is some kind of autumn festival close by. It's at a small river, the Akerselva, which I mentioned here before. As far as I know is it some kind of light festival, everywhere are torches, candles and lights and it is supposed to be very beautiful. However, I dont know if I am going, because if I am looking out of my window towards the mountains I can see it raining already! So I am not sure if I will go!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment