Sunday, September 12, 2010

Biking to Gamlebyen!

This was a nice Sunday! Although it was cloudy and gray, when I woke up this morning it turned out to be a good day after all.

I was relaxing the whole morning and didn't feel like going out. I was talking to A., watching series and was reading in my Rough Guide. After having lunch I put the laundry on and was waiting for it to be finished. After putting it up I fixed myself and went out.

I went to the closest bike station, got a bike and went to Grünerløkka to pick up F., the new trainee at my office. She was already waiting at Schous plass with her bike for me and we were then going along the Akerselva through Grønland to Gamlebyen. It was nice to bike along the river and to this part of Olso. I have never been there and it was super lively.We went along Oslo Gate and up Kongsveien to Sjømannsskolen, the old Merchant Marine Academy. From there you have an amazing view over the Oslofjord. We sat down there and were enjoying the sun a bit. However, it got soon pretty cool, due to the strong wind.So we went on, up the hill. It was so steep, that we had to push the bikes. We went to the Ekebergrestauranten, which has a really nice terrace overlooking Oslo. From there we went even higher up over a small gravel footpath towards the Gravhauger Camping on the hill top.I hoped, that we would have an even better view from there, but sadly it was in the middle of the woods. So we took a really nice curvy road, which was going back to the center. After a couple of meters we stopped again, because there was the view I had been hoping for. We stopped for a while, took some pictures and then went on.When going down the road I started missing motorcycling again. Before I went to Finland I sold my beloved motorcycle and didn't ride one ever since. I really miss it. It is one of my passions and I love it so much. I really need to ride a motorcycle again. It's getting harder and harder to bear, since the roads here in Norway are just perfect motorcycle terrain!

Anyways, we eventually came back to sea level, stopped shortly at a skate pool, where some skateboarders were enjoying the sunny Sunday, and were watching them doing tricks. We rode on towards the Opera and decided then to bring the bikes to the next renting station at the railway station. We went back to the Opera and went up to the roof. Also there we did not stay long, since the wind got even stronger and it was pretty chilly up there.From the Opera we made our way along the railway station and Torggate to Grünerløkka. We were strolling along the street and then said goodbye. I went back to my flat and F. to hers!

Now I am back home and will make dinner soon. The biking made me hungry! It was really nice, we were lucky with the weather and I hope we will have more of these weekends still before it gets cold!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment