Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sorry...

... that I did not write here for some time! I had visitors, A. was here and also my brother and his girlfriend visited, and I was sick; well basically am sick still. But different from yesterday I have the energy to write something!

The weekend was super nice. It started with A. coming here on Thursday, as I wrote before. I picked her up from the train station and we were relaxing the evening and did not do anything because I had to work on Friday still.

On Friday A. came for lunch to the office and it was so nice to eat with her. I wish I could do that every day! In the afternoon T. came a last time before her holiday to the office to check my work and to do some stuff she had been piling up for a long time.

Later the same day we had a fika in the office. I had been baking and it was actually a really good occasion; One of our colleagues had had her birthday the week before, L., a new member of the Authentic Scandinavia team just had her first day, A. was there to visit me and two of our colleagues had their last day before their vacation.

The evening A. and I went out for a drink. It was nice to sit in a bar again talking to a beautiful girl! We first went to People's and then to Café Sør. I really enjoyed the evening, since I hadn't been out for a long time since. We did not stay long however, since we were both so tired from the working week again.

The Saturday we slept long had a lazy morning and went out of the house in the early afternoon. We went first to the center to recharge my travel card and then went with the bus up to Nydalen, where we started our walk along the Akerselva. 
We first went to the waterfall, where I lost the part of my tripod, but it wasn't there anymore. The water must have been higher and took it away. We then continued along the river and had a really nice walk back home. I love this river and I think it's so amazing, that there are pretty massive waterfalls in the middle of the city.
When we got home, we had a snack and a short nap and then fixed ourselves to meet my brother and his girlfriend and to go out later. We had planned to meet them at the bus station, but their flight was early and I didn't read the message F. sent me on time and so we didn't make it to pick them up.

Instead we went to the hotel to meet them. From there we went along Karl Johans gate towards the palace. On the way we found a nice restaurant where we had dinner. It was quite expensive, but the portions were quite big! We all enjoyed our meal.

After the dinner we went to the Dubliner and Irish Bar close to the Christiania Torv. Every Saturday there is a band playing in the bar and this normally means, that the mood and atmosphere are good! There we met my colleague L. and her friend A.. L. had been telling me all the time about the pub and we had decided to go there together that day. 
We had a good evening and a lot of fun; well I had at least. We were talking to each other and also to other people and simply had a good time. F. and S. did not stay that long; They were tired from the travel to Oslo, S. was still slightly sick and F. had injured his food a few days before and needed to elevate it. The rest of us however stayed longer. 

A. and I went home at some point and actually wanted to grab a beer in the crap-shack close to my place, called Taxi Take Away, but when we came there it was already closed. So we just went around the corner to the pizza parlor to get something to eat.

The next day we slept longer again, but not long enough. We met up at around noon with F. & S. at their hotel. When we got there it started raining quite heavily.
 
We went up to the Domkirke and went in to have a look. 
 
When we came out it was raining even heavier and so we decided to skip the sightseeing and to go to the Munch museum instead.
There we were strolling around the exhibition halls and I have to say, I start liking art museums. After visiting the Hermitage in St. Petersburg I really enjoy looking at paintings and other work of artists. I dont know if I am getting old, but I'm more and more interested in art. Not really interested, but I like looking at these things.

After some time we went back with the T-banen to the city center and when we came up from the underground the heavy rain had stopped. We decided to walk around the city.
We went to the palace and walked around the area. However it was pretty wet and not nice to walk and so I proposed to go to my place to have some cake and coffee/tea. 
 
At my place we were sitting in the kitchen, had first some cake and coffee/tea and were then just sitting around talking. We played some Backgammon and were listening to Jack Johnson. It had started to rain again and so we decided to stay in. It was somehow a slight Christmas feeling; sitting together, eating cake, playing, talking, listening to music. It was so nice, that we also decided to have dinner at my place.

In the evening we brought A. to the train station, since she had to catch her flight back to Stockholm. It was sad to see her go, since the weekend went so fast. After she left I went with F. & S. to the hotel and was sitting a bit with them in the hotel room. Then I took the rest of the stuff home they brought to me! It really felt as if I would be living in a third world country right now!
The next day was Monday and so I went to work. I did not get anything done, because I was sick. I didn't feel good and couldn't get structure into my work. I could not really get my head into the things. The problem also was, that besides managing the whole company I was supposed to help L. a little bit with her work. She had her first real working day and although she knew what she was supposed to do and although T. told me before I should not delegate any work to her, since I am just the trainee, she was asking a lot of questions.

I was showing her some things and was basically telling her what to do, which did not feel right at all. Anyways, then in the afternoon I had an emergency situation and since I didn't really know what to do and wasn't really in the position to manage it alone, due to the illness, my colleague M. jumped in and helped me solving it. I was really grateful for her help and learned so much from her in this short period of time. It was exactly like I experienced it before in my work and internships: You learn most from the difficult and emergency situations!

Anyways, today I felt so much better. I got up this morning and went to work. I still had the feeling the day would get as bad as yesterday, but this quickly changed. I had my work structured, I got things done and could even until the afternoon get away the pile of work, that I had been leaving yesterday.

I showed L. again some things when she asked me for help. She even said, that she had the feeling that I would be a fixed employee, since I really understand what I am talking about when explaining to her! It made me feel good about my work and I really needed that after having such a crappy day yesterday!

The day went by pretty eventless and my boss T. send me a message from her holiday telling me that for her everything is fine. I thought it was nice of her to say "Hi", since she basically made clear, that she will be totally out of reach during these two weeks. 

Now I am going to upload the pictures to the blog and then fix myself and go to bed! I am still feeling weak and realized how much sleep helps to get better. 

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment