Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Last day in Stockholm!

Today was the last day for me in our Stockholm office. Tomorrow morning I will be going together with G. back to Oslo and back to my normal job with Authentic Scandinavia. Although I like the job I am a bit sad to leave here. On the one side I really liked my job and my working with G. and also I already got used to be with A. again. This will be the hardest part, to be apart!

The day started normal: Getting up (way too early), having breakfast together with A., fixing ourselves and making our way to town. Today A. and I wanted to enjoy the good weather a bit longer and instead of walking from T-Centralen to the offices, we already got off in Gamla Stan. We walked through the old town and along the palace and along Drottninggatan.
The morning in the office was normal, as usually. Nothing special, I was helping G. with some work, we were talking a lot and then I started to visualize the work G. taught me. In practice this means, that I was creating flowcharts for all different parts of the job of a purchasing manager, which helped me and will help me to understand the job so much better.

For lunch I met up with A. again. We took a detour to enjoy the sun a bit before we went to the supermarket to get some food. We bought some prefixed salad, which is surprisingly cheap here in Stockholm.
We went back to A’s office and ate together in the lunchroom. I really like the office as such, but somehow the atmosphere is a bit impersonal. Nobody cares that you are there, nobody greets and nobody asks who you are looking for or if they can help you, not even the receptionist! It’s a bit weird!

Anyways, in the afternoon I was going on with my flow charts and some small assignments G. gave me during the day. The day passed by fast and soon I was done with work and met up with A. again. We walked through the crowded city to the supermarket to get a snack. We needed to have something small, since we wanted to go to Fotografiska, a photo gallery, in the late afternoon.
We walked again through Gamla Stan, were passing Slussen and walked to the gallery. We strolled around the rooms and I really enjoyed the pictures. A. told me that Fotografiska didn’t open that long ago, but is already really successful.
After 1 ½ hours we were through and decided to go home. We had to walk a bit to the bus stop and when we came there we realized, that we still had to wait quite long. This however gave me the opportunity to take some long exposure pictures.
At home we made cooked and had a nice dinner. Now we were sitting on the couch watching TV. I really don’t want to leave tomorrow. I still have to pack and will do that soon I guess!
~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment