Sunday, October 31, 2010

IKEA Dinner Tour!

Yesterday in the late afternoon J., L. and I went to IKEA to have dinner! We had planned to do something together again for some time, but we all the time had postponed it. Now L. had to move her car to recharge the battery, since it is standing around all the time here in Oslo, and so we decided to go to IKEA.

In the late afternoon we met up at J's place. I walked there since I needed some fresh air and some "exercise" in order to cure my hangover from the night before. I picked up J. from her flat and we went to the point where L. was supposed to pick us up. We waited there a bit and talked until L. came, we got in the car and went straight to IKEA.

I was so hungry, that when we arrived in the shop, I made it clear, that I wanted to eat straight away. The girls didn't have a problem with that and in the end it was good, that we ate before shopping. We stayed so long in the shop, that we would not have gotten food afterwards, since the restaurant was closed by that time.
Anyways, we went to the restaurant and ordered waited to order our food. J. took the compulsory Köttbullar and L. and I took both the 3-course (meaning including a salad and a dessert) menu with reindeer patties and steamed vegetables as main course. It was super tasty and we all really enjoyed the food. We were sitting long after being finished and talked about everything and anything.
After some time we got up and made our way through the exhibition part of the IKEA. Soon after we got up the food started to settle and we, well at least I, had to sit down for a while. Luckily we were in the living room section at that moment and we found a nice couch in front of a big flat screen TV, which was switched on TravelChannel. So we sat and lay down and relaxed a bit from the 2 minutes walking through the exhibition.
 
After a while we went on. It was funny, the whole shop was already decorated with all Christmas stuff and weirdly enough this actually created some kind of Christmas feeling for me. We walked around the shop and found a lot of cool, funny and sometimes, as we thought, totally mis-designed things. This is often the problem with IKEA, the design is more important than the functionality; Things might look good, but they are totally useless.
Nevermind! Soon we were through the exhibition and then the real part of the IKEA-shopping began. The girls didn't just wanted to go to IKEA to eat or to recharge the battery of the car, they actually, and I didn't know that before, wanted to buy stuff there. I didn't really mind, so I walked along with them, having a good time to see what and how they were shopping and was taking pictures.
After some time we were through with the sopping and went to check out counter. The girls payed all their stuff and after a short stop in the food section after the check out counter we went down to the car to put all the stuff in and go back to Oslo.
When we arrived, we were going around and around to find a parking spot. In the area, where L. lives it is very hard to get a free of charge parking spot and eventually, L. decided to leave J. and me at J's place and to continue her search alone. We didn't wanted to split up after IKEA and so we decided to watch a movie at J's place. After some time also L. arrived, she had found a parking spot and came by bike.

We then watched a movie with Hape Kerkeling, a German comedian and actor. It was funny, because the movie was about a roadtrip from Germany to and then through Norway. Especially J. & L. had visited a lot of the places shown in the movie and even I recognized some of them. After the movie I went home, had a shower and went to bed!

Now I am feeling great, I had a nice morning coffee and talked to A. for a while. I am sitting here in my room and just enjoy a lazy Sunday morning, what I will do today I dont know yet!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment