Friday, October 22, 2010

First Snow!

Today was my first day in our Stockholm office. I arranged, that I could work with G. our purchasing manager for a couple of days, to get an insight into her job and the purchasing department. I flew into Stockholm yesterday late in the evening and came by bus to Cityterminalen, where A. was already waiting for me! We went to her place, I had a quick shower and we were fixing ourselves to get to bed, since we both had to get up quite early today!

This morning, when we got up it was snowing heavily. The first snow of the year here in Stockholm. I had told A. before, that this weather was forecasted, but she didn’t believe me. It was snowing so much and soon everything was white.
We headed out through the snow, down to the bus station. We went to Slussen, then to T-Centralen and walked from there along Drottninggatan to our offices. A. walked me to my office and kissed me good-bye-and-a-good-day-at-work. 

G. picked me up at the front door and showed me around the office. She presented me to everybody in the office and funnily many of the colleagues said something like: “Are you are the one…” or “Ah, I heard about you…”! I was amazed, that somehow the people in the Stockholm office heard – seemingly positive - things about me although, I am just one of the numerous trainees coming through the company.

Anyways, G. and I spend the morning talking about the job of the purchasing manager and were talking about this and that. It was really, really interesting and I learned a lot. G. gave me small tasks and “case studies” that I had to solve. It was so good, I can totally understand, why she loves her job!

I met up with A. for lunch and we walked along Kungsgatan to a Lebanese place, where we got some food. Then we strolled around the busy streets and after some time and a visit at the supermarket, where I bought some chocolate for G., we both went back to our offices. 

In the afternoon, I was again doing some “case studies” and also updated some prices, which was more difficult than I thought, due to the weird price list of the supplier. Then we had a fika, which is the Swedish word for having coffee & cake. It was nice to get to know the colleagues from Sweden a bit better.

After work A. and I went to the shop to buy some things for the weekend. We went home, had dinner and now we are sitting on the couch, both super tired from the working week. We will relax this evening and do nothing at all! FYI: I love this city!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment