Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Autumn Clean-up!

This was a good day, with an even better ending! I had a lot to do and was busy the whole day through! Although I had one extremely annoying clients who was changing the itinerary literally every 30 minutes, it was a good and very productive day! I got my things done and had nothing left in the end of the day!

In the afternoon, when I was processing all the payments when had received over the weekend I looked out of the window and just saw the FedEx guy walking over the street towards our building. I knew directly that he was about to come to our office. I was so desperately waiting for my power pack, that my dad had ordered for me on the internet! Now finally I have it and well... it's working!

When I came home there were a lot of people in the yard of the house. I didn't know what was going on, so I went upstairs to the flat without asking. When I entered the flat, my flatmate T. asked me if there were many people down there and explained, that they were about to clean-up before the winter. He explained, that this would be an annual event, where all the tenants would prepare the yard for the winter.

I agreed to help, since I am living here half the winter. We were cleaning out the basement and the attic, were throwing away stuff and were cleaning chairs and tables, that were standing in the yard. There were so many people, everybody was helping and after an hour the list, that had been so long, was simply done. It's always like this; when everybody is helping it goes so much faster.

As a reward for the work we had beer and pizza in the yard. We were all standing there, drinking and eating. It was good, I was talking to our neighbors and they were really nice. I liked it, that everybody came along with each other so well. Where I was living before in Germany, while studying, all the neighbors basically hated each other and something like this would have never happened. We simply worked together, had a good time and some drinks, food and a chat afterwards.

Now I just put on some laundry and talked to A. a bit. I miss her so much and am really looking forward to going to Stockholm at the end of the week! I can't wait for T. to come back to finally take over the company and to finally teach the new team mate, L. Since I was not allowed to teach her anything, she could not help me with the operational work. When T. is back there will be so much less work for each of us!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment