Thursday, November 11, 2010

Relaxed times!

It is incredible. There is not much to do at work and since we have a new colleague, who has to learn everything I am not involved in the daily operation anymore. This means in practice, that I was doing today - literally - nothing! 

Ok, to be hones, I was doing something and even every now and then something productive, but mostly I was sitting around today. It started off with a problem with our computer system. This meant, that we were not able to work properly for about 1 1/2 hours in the morning. After this was sorted out my e-mail program wasn't working anymore, which meant, that I couldn't send or receive e-mails anymore; but this was just me.

For a business, which is based on the internet and whose communication is 95% via e-mail this is a serious issue. However, since my colleagues were still able to work my problem was not prioritized. Luckily my internet was still working and so I could do some private stuff and read a lot of newspaper articles online.

Once in a while I was helping our new colleague with questions, was checking her work and did some things, that my boss gave me to do. Also I worked on some stuff from my ToDo-list, but was mostly unable due to the limited connectivity and communicability (god, what words).

Anyways, time went by slowly, as you can imagine, but eventually I went home. I was relaxing in the evening and was just shortly talking to A. I am quite unsocial right now and like to be on my own. It's quite weird, but somehow I don't have the energy nor the motivation to be among people. For some reason I get annoyed, when people are talking to me, right now!

During the evening it started snowing and the snow even stayed on the ground. It might not seem much on the picture, but this is because it is also quite windy and most of the snow is blown away.

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment