Saturday, November 27, 2010

Friday Dinner

I just got up an hour ago and had breakfast. Now I am sitting here and was looking at the pictures from yesterday evening and am listening to music.

It was a good evening with good food and nice people. After work, which was quite dull again, we went to L's place. She had invited for dinner and since I proposed a recipe L. wanted me to help her cook. So straight after work I went with her to the supermarket and bought the things we needed. At her place we started to cook and soon also the others arrived and brought the appetizer and the wine.
 
I had proposed to make pork fillet with Spätzle and a creamy sauce. I have just three weeks left here and still had so many Spätzle my parents sent me; I just never found the opportunity to make them. So basically to get rid of them - and also to have a nice dinner - I was proposing this dish.
While I was frying the meat and making the sauce the others prepared the starter, which was insalata caprese, also known as tomato mozzarella salad. While eating this, we cooked the Spätzle and when we were done with the starter the main course was ready!
We enjoyed it very much and ate up everything. I really enjoyed the food and was happy to eat "my mom's food" again. This dish is a quite common thing we eat at home and since my mom wrote down some of her recipes for me I was more than happy, that it tasted exactly like when she makes it.
As dessert we were eating Printen, soft gingerbread and Baumkuchen. Printen is a specialty from my hometown and the gingerbread as well as the Baumkuchen are things we traditionally eat around Christmas in Germany. L. had brought these things from Germany, where she had been last week. It was really tasty and went very good with the wine.
 
So we were sitting, eating, talking and drinking until late in the night. We stayed until 3 o'clock and then went home. Outside it was freezing; it was -13°C and stormy, which meant, that it felt even colder and we were freezing. I put the collar of my coat up and was hurrying to get home. 
 
Back home, my flatmates were sitting in the kitchen and since the cold air had woken me up I joined them and we were talking about this and that. It was nice and suddenly we realized that it was already after 5 o'clock and so we decided to go to bed. 

All in all it was a really nice evening and I enjoyed it. Today I am going to do nothing during the day. I have to go to the shop quickly and then in the evening I am invited to A's place. It's already getting dark and it is just 3 o'clock, that crazy! Anyways, now I am going to put pictures to the blog and fix myself to go out!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment