Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Business as usual

I just sent four more applications, to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta (2x). Yesterday I asked my former Trainee Director from Tenerife for help and she was so kind to give me the contact details of the responsible HR persons. I didn't count (yet) how many applications I sent already, but it is really frustrating. Especially not getting back anything brings one down. It feels so bad that you are not even worth a simple one-sentence-mail like "thank you for your application, but we are not interested". For me that would be enough, a "No" is better than no reaction at all, since it brings clarity.

Anyways, I was in uni today. We had a guest lecturer from Spain. I reckon she thinks we are all stupid, since we didn't understand what she was talking about, since she was using different terminologies. But this is what happens, if Spanish temper meets Finnish (and tired-exchange-students') reservation. It was funny tho... somehow.

Then we had an HR workshop for our assignment. Normally I dont like workshops like these, but this time it actually helped a lot, since we did basically half our assignment already together in the lesson. Since it was not mandatory and half of the people were not there it was a relaxing and productive atmosphere. After the workshop my partner, G., and I stayed a little longer in uni to work on the assignment.

I came home by four and prepared lunch. I made rice and soy stuff in a chili-orange-sauce. It was really good and so much that I slipped into a food-coma after eating.

Now I'm going to watch an episode of some series and then start sewing my Halare. Maybe I will read for uni or do something else... There is always something to do!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment