Friday, April 23, 2010

Back home

I am in Turku and again with A. I just came here yesterday evening directly after my Swedish class. My presentation went well, by the way. It's good to be out of Helsinki again. I like Turku somehow, you can walk everywhere and there is the river directly in front of A's flat.

I am pretty proud of myself. Yesterday, when I came here all ticket counters were closed already and I had to buy the ticket from the machine. These ticket machines are pretty nationalistic, since you can not choose English as a language, which I think is just impossible in the globalized world of today. Anyways, so since my Swedish is a bit better than my (non-existent) Finnish, I bought a ticket with using the Swedish text. Sounds maybe easier than it is. The problem is, that you can buy every ticket from these machines and you can choose where you want to sit in the train and if you wanna have a receipt of your payment or not and if you wanna pay with the mobile or with the card (at least this is what I think what was stated there.) Since in Swedish this are all different and maybe not so common words it becomes difficult. But I managed to do it and I am here!

Now I just had a talk with my parents. They are starting tomorrow their road-trip over Denmark and Sweden up to Finland. I am happy to see them again. In the 9 months I am now up here I just saw them 4 days over New Years. So it will be good to have them here for a couple of days.

Anyways, I just put on my laundry and will now fix myself and then later go out with A.

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment