Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What to do!?

This is a very complicated situation at the moment! A. is going to Hamburg soon to take the job she got offered. She would be stupid to turn it down; it's a job in her field, she does not get ripped off of fooled by her employer (at least as it seems) and most importantly she as something to do and a proper profession until I am finished with my university.

Anyways, this job is in Hamburg. We had hoped that she would find a job in the Rheinland-area, meaning Bonn, Cologne or Düsseldorf. The plan was to find her a job close by and to move into a flat so that I or maybe we both could commute to job or university. However it turned out differently and now she will go to Hamburg.

As I said, I think this is the right thing to do and although I am not happy about the fact that we will be apart - again - I am all the time telling her to take it. Therefore I see no point of staying in Aachen and decided to move back to Bad Honnef. The problem is that it is two weeks before the start of the semester, my dad and my brother have rented out all rooms and flats are hard to get at the moment. I am anyways trying and tomorrow I have a viewing for a room; let's keep the fingers crossed!

This problem was basically what was occupying my brain all day and was causing a little fight between A. and me. Obviously the situation is stressing me and therefore also A.; She still... well, let's say, she has respect before the challenge the job will bring. Although I am sure she will manage, she is a bit scared and worried not to be able to do the job properly. In the end she is still a perfectionist in one way!

We were trying to distract ourselves and went out for a nice walk in the morning, had then an amazing Thai-lunch, my mum made, and finally we had coffee. Then in the late afternoon the cravings got worse and worse and we could not stand them anymore, went to Holland and got ourselves SIX packages of Stroopwaffles. We then enjoyed them with a tea and some Mensch-ärgere-Dich-nicht!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment