Thursday, March 24, 2011

14-hour Writing Marathon!

This morning I got up early. I wanted to write my internship report today and knew I needed time for that. First of all it was because of the writing and secondly, because I am still recovering from the cold. Somehow playing football, when you are sick, doesn't really help getting rid of the cold!

Anyways, the alarm rang at 8 o'clock, I got up and felt like sh*t. I felt really sick and thought about staying in bed. But then I realized, that I promised to A. that I would be finished with it before the weekend and so I got up. I had a quick breakfast and started writing around 8.30 in the morning.

My head was jammed and I could not really concentrate. I was trying, but sometimes I was just sitting and staring at the screen for minutes without writing anything. I couldn't focus and I didn't know what to write. I was drinking tea and took vitamins to get better and eventually it helped.
I went on writing with short breaks in between. I wrote and wrote and actually finished. Then I realized, that I had written two pages more than we are allowed to. So I sat down to shorten the text and to get out as many unnecessary sentences as possible and it worked!

Now I have exactly the amount of pages I am allowed to and just have to put the list of references in. I will do that tomorrow and will hand it in on Monday. It will be the first paper for university I ever handed in before the due date, amazing!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment