Saturday, March 5, 2011

Karneval Tradition!

Today, after having a relaxed morning I went with A. and my mum to the city. We were heading to the tent of the carnival club Öcher Penn, where A. and I also partied on Thursday. The Öcher Penn is giving out every year 1111 liters of pea soup for free. Going there is actually some kind of a carnival tradition.
When we arrived at 12.45 the tent was already quite full and although in the newspaper was stated, that they would start giving out soup at 1 o'clock most of the people were already eating. We were getting out our spoon (you only have to bring the spoons yourself to get soup) and went to the end of the tent to get our soup. We were standing then in the middle of the crowd, eating our very delicious pea soup!
From the tent we went to a bakery to continue the tradition. During the carnival time we eat a lot of fatty pastry with a lot of sugar. They are super delicious and so my mum went to get some Puffeln and Quarkbällchen.
 
 
From the bakery we headed home, stopped by the tent, since the prince of carnival was there at that moment, and then made coffee, when we arrived back at our house. We enjoyed the pastry with fresh coffee and were sitting long at the table talking about this and that.
Tonight A. and I went to the cinema to watch The King's Speech. It's a great movie and I can totally understand why it was awarded "Best Movie" at the Academy Awards this year. Also Colin Firth' acting is amazing and I can just recommend to watch it! Now we are back home and I am hungry, I guess I will eat something still; maybe a Quarkbällchen.

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment