Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Internship Report & Evening Walk!

This morning I got up rather early. The alarm was set at 7.30 in the morning, since I had to be in uni at 9 o'clock. I had problems getting up for some reason, but made it eventually. I had quick breakfast, fixed myself and then went to class. Class was ok, nothing really interesting or special, I'm still asking myself, why I have to take this course, but nevermind!

Uni was over before 11 o'clock and so I went home, put the laundry in and prepared a second breakfast, which was really nice: freshly toasted bread, orange juice, slices of apples and some tea with it, awesome! At the same time I was looking a bit at uni stuff and was trying to think a bit about my trips to Hamburg over the next couple of weeks! I know I will have a lot to do and this scares me a bit, but I'll figure it out!
After the second breakfast I started working on my internship report and made quite some progress. Although I am still a bit behind schedule I feel confident, that I will finish it before Friday evening, which was my promise to A.! She is coming this weekend and said, I should finish it so that I don't have to think about it while we are together. I will get up tomorrow earlier than planned in the first place and will work harder and have less breaks, then it'll be fine!
In the late afternoon, when I reached a dead end and couldn't write anymore, I decided to go out for a walk through the woods. So I packed my camera, as always, and made my way uphill. I walked a bit the way I have been walking a couple of days ago, but took then another turn and went further into the forest. 
Soon I found myself on the Rheinsteig, the famous hiking trail I had been walking on when going to the Drachenfels. I really understood why it is called Rheinsteig; "steigen" means something like "climbing", but more as in "hiking up a steep path". The path was really steep and soon I started sweating, but I had the sun in my back and I really enjoyed the way.
After sometime I came to a fork and decided to walk back to Bad Honnef. So I was walking along the forest road for something like two or three kilometers and then it suddenly ended! I saw down in the valley the point I wanted to go to, but couldn't walk there straight, since there were several fields and pastures with high fences were blocking the way.

So I walked along the fence and through the woods off the beaten tracks in one direction. I had seen a horse path before and thought to know where it would come out of the forest; I wanted to get to the path to walk on it back home.

So I walked through the undergrowth and had to cross several deep rifts and jump over small creeks and ditches until I finally found the horse path. I was following it and came out of the forest where I expected it.
I walked on and realized, that I had come to the "golden hour", the time when the sun is low and creates a very warm and nice light. It was prefect to take pictures and I got some nice shots, but then my battery ran low. I was a bit mad and disappointed, but couldn't do anything about it and so I went home.
Now I just wrote a bit on my internship report, wrote the post and will have dinner soon. I somehow forgot to have lunch and now I am quite hungry. I will work on the pictures still, upload them and then publish the post!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment