Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ready for Karneval!

I am ready for Karneval! This morning I got up early, had a quick breakfast and went with my parents to Bad Honnef. I had to talk to a person of my university and also had two viewings for a room and a flat. The talk with the person from the university wasnt that satisfying and I am still not sure if I get all my courses acknowledged. 

The viewings, well one of them, was more success. The first flat I looked at was an empty flat with two rooms and rather expensive therefore. Also I would have had to organize internet and stuff myself, which is not really worth it for half a year. The second viewing was for a room in a shared flat. I liked the room, the flat and also the guy living there already; So I took it - luckily the guy also agreed!

Now I have one worry less and can start relaxed into the Karneval season. I already paid the first rent tonight so that he can't say "No" anymore, but I mean, why would he! C'mon, who could say "No" to ME! ;-)

Anyways, I then went back to Aachen with my brother, who had to go back, since he had to work in the afternoon. He dropped me off in the city and I walked home. The weather was super nice and rather warm and so I took my camera out and took some snapshots.
 
When I was turning into my street A. came the other way with the bike to "pick me up". I walked and she biked to our house. Back home we started cooking and made a fabulous pasta with a spinach-cream-sauce and fried some chicken with it. It was delicious!
The afternoon we relaxed first and then went to the Karnevalswierts, a huge shop for costumes and stuff. It was super crowded and we had to drag and push ourselves through the masses of people. In the end A. just bought some green socks for her costume.
Half-ready costume! (Bottle is not part of the outfit!)
When we came home we made coffee and started working on A's costume. Somehow we got more and more ideas and started doing many things. In between we quickly went to the shop to get some drinks for tomorrow and then went on making things.
A. finishing the clover leaves

It was so much fun and since A. was all the time saying what she needed I got so inspired and got really into making this costume. We are not totally ready yet, but will be soon. We have to go to bed anyways, since we are getting up tomorrow early to be in the city at exactly 11.11 a.m. the time, the street carnival starts!

~M~

1 comment: