Monday, May 3, 2010

Vappu!

I am back in Helsinki! I came back yesterday from Turku, where I spent the Vappu Weekend with A. and her friends. Also my flatmates, S. & E. were there, which was super nice!

I came now just quickly in the one hour break home from uni, since it is better to be half an hour at home, eat a second breakfast and have some tea or coffee than sitting for that one hour in uni not knowing what to do.

Vappu was, as I said, really nice. I went already on Thursday evening to Turku, the guys came on Friday noon. We picked them up from the train station and were happy to finally be able to take off our jackets, since it was so warm. We then went back to A's place, were sitting there, drinking Mjöd/Sima and eating some pastry, of which I knew the name just two seconds ago, but forgot it now... wait... wait for it... ah ja... no... yes wait, they are called Munkar.Anyways, we were sitting with K. and E., two of A's friends, who joined us, on the balcony and the guys were still sewing batches onto their Halare. Then in the afternoon we went to a park, where the Finnish people were holding a ritual, where all people who did their A-levels are putting on their white hats at the same time. Then there is a choir singing and people holding speeches. During these speeches all the other people are drinking sparkling wine and so did we.

From the park we went top a middle party a N's place, we ordered and ate pizza. From there we went to another middle party and from there to a club.

Now I have to stop writing since I have to go back to uni. But I will continue and put pictures later on, when I am back!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment