Thursday, May 13, 2010

Nice!

There is nothing more to say!

Well, maybe a little bit! It's a wonderful day, the weather is awesome, I can wear shorts and sunglasses and the best thing about it, it is not making me look ridiculous. The Finns are still shy and nobody is really wearing summer clothes, even tho it is 25°C.

However, everybody is outside, everybody is smiling. The people are taking walks, riding their bikes, taking care of their gardens, playing football, running and doing all kinds of stuff. The sad and quite time is over and I really don't recognize this country anymore. It totally changed within a couple of days. This is the Finland I like!

Anyways, I just had half the day to enjoy this wonderful weather, since I was working this morning and doing stuff for uni. I was therefore sitting the first half of the day inside, but now I just went out for a walk, went to a park nearby and was sitting there on a bench in the sun, reading my book.

I actually wanted to write this post outside in the sun as well, but the small park here between the houses is super dirty, since someone left his waste from a grill party there and the birds ripped the plastic bags open and scattered the stuff all over the place. Not so nice to sit there now.

Anyways, I planned also my trip to Russia further, but now I am stuck a bit. I wanted to organize the trip myself and not with a tour operator. The problem is, that the information given on the internet is not clear. Some websites of the government say, that a normal accommodation booking and the train/airline tickets are enough to issue a visa, some say that they are not and that I need some paper from the tour operator. It's a bit confusing and now I am waiting for an answer from the Russian Embassy here in Helsinki. The problem is, that today is a public holiday and they are not working, so I will pass by the consular section tomorrow to get information.

Otherwise everything is fine, I am going to go on doing stuff for uni now and then I will see, what the rest of the evening brings!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment