Wednesday, May 12, 2010

First Day of Real Spring!

This day was awesome! It was 22°C (finally) and I was a lot outside. It started with a long walk this morning with A. here in Kannelmäki. We walked pretty far and were enjoying the warm morning sun. For lunch we went to Pasila and met S., who went to the city center before to take pictures.

After lunch I had a group meeting and A. and S. went to a park overlooking the harbor of Helsinki. As far as I know were they sitting there in a café and were enjoying the good weather. My meeting took about two hours and afterwards I called A. to ask where they were. We agreed to meet up on Esplanadi, the one and only Boulevard of Helsinki. In the middle of the street is a nice and wide park, where you can sit on the benches and just observe people walking past.

This is also what I did, while waiting for A. and S., but instead of looking at people I was reading a book. It was so nice and warm, that I didn't had to wear a jacket nor a pullover. However, after a while there came a cold wind and since I anyways feel a tini-tiny bit sick, I put my hoodie on - just in case. On the way back it got even better, since we got free Nescafé® in front of the train station.

Now I came back from Pasila. A. took the train back to Ekenäs and I am alone again. It is now really weird. She took all her stuff from here, emptied out here space in the closet and the cupboard. My parents left Finland today and took also a lot of stuff with them, as I mentioned before and now I really feel, that the time here in Helsinki is soon over.

However, I am going with A. to Stockholm for two days, soon and right now I am planning already the next trip. This time I wanna go to St. Petersburg and Moscow. I actually planned to go by train, but when I - more as a joke - checked the flights I realized, that they are way cheaper. There is one airline, which is flying within Russia for super low prices. The trip from Moscow to St. Petersburg costs just 14€. I will inform myself a bit about this airline and see if I really wanna fly with them.

Anyways, I will go on planning and then to bed. I have to get up early tomorrow. Even tho it is a public holiday I will do a lot for uni!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment