Friday, May 14, 2010

Eventful Day!

Today I have to triple-thank S.. First he made us lunch, then he cut my hair and then he was running with me.

But first things first:
My day started today quite early and with a nice surprise. When I got up at 8 o'clock it was already 20°C outside and so I put on shorts and a t-shirt, my summer hat and sunglasses and went out. My destination was the Russian embassy in Helsinki, not far from the park A.and S. were a couple of days ago. I wanted to get clear information, what I needed for my Visa application, since, as mentioned before, the websites are contradictory and advice how to get an invitation letter, which is needed for the application.

Anyways, I took the train to Helsinki center and was listening to my Ipod. The music was nice and was lifting up my mood. Exactly in the moment I stepped out of the train station and into the sun the song I'm Yours by Jason Mraz started, really the perfect summer song! I made my way through the sunny Helsinki and was soon at the Embassy. I used the waiting time, which I had to stand in line, by reading something for uni. It was so weird to wait in a line again, here in Finland you normally take a waiting-number... anywhere... for anything...

In the embassy I got the information that I needed and furthermore the contact details of a tour operator who could help me. I contacted them already and it looks promising, so maybe I can soon go on planning my trip.

I went back home and had a second breakfast with S. It was again nice to talk to him and just sit together. He then went to town, I did my laundry and went back to study. We then met up at 2 o'clock in Pasila to have lunch. But since it was today a bridge day the restaurant was closing earlier than normal.

We went home and S. was preparing a really nice and fresh mixed salad. The best thing to have on a warm day like this. Ah ja, by the way, when we left the Pasila campus the display of Haaga-Helia was showing 27°C. Awesome. (click on the picture to see it!) S. went then after the lunch, with which we had a nice cold German beer, back to town, since he didnt had had enough money the first time he went.

When he came back, he cut my hair
and then we went out running. It was really refreshing, but exhausting. I haven't been running for a long time and all the beer made me fat & lazy. I hope I will stick with it a bit, because I really missed the running.

Anyways, I am going to read something more and maybe go for an evening walk, who knows. I just love this summery weather and want it to last the whole summer!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment