Friday, May 28, 2010

A lot to do!

I am back in Helsinki. I came yesterday late evening. After these days in Stockholm and Ekenäs it was weird to come back. In the meantime nearly all exchange students left, Kannelmäki and especially the houses are quiet and dark in the evening. It is almost scary.

Anyways, the reason why I came back for some few days is, that I have to empty my flat, have to take all my stuff, which is left, out. But I also came back to pick up my visa from the Russian embassy. I went there this morning and thought everything was fine, I saw my passport, ready to pick up, through the window of the counter. But when it was my turn came the disenchantment; I didn't see that there was a note on the pick-up-paper I got from the embassy. It stated, that you just receive the visa, when bringing this paper plus the confirmation that I paid the fee. Since I did this online and didn't print it out I didn't get my passport back. Also all my pleading to check if the payment was registered as received were turned down. Now I am stuck here in Helsinki at least until Monday.
Justify Full
However, after this negative part of the day I went to the train station, where I met up with S., a German girl, who is doing her Au-pair here in Finland. I met her in the German school, while working. Since I hadnt been working for a long time I hadnt seen her. We went to grab a coffee and then, when the weather cleared up, we started strolling around the city. We went through Kamppi to the German school, where I just said "Hello and Good-bye" and thanked all the people for the good time and opportunity to work. Even tho I was there just every now and then I really enjoyed the work and the company there. Anyways, S. and I were walking on, through the city and through parts I have never been before. Actually this is such a shame. They are directly at the center and I've never been there in the last 9 1/2 months. We were talking, laughing and just having a good time. Then we went back to Kamppi and had ice cream while sitting in the sun. We split up round 2 o'clock, since she had to work.

I went then to Pasila. I still didn't had a print out of the payment confirmation. I had called A., since we used her bank account for the payment, and she agreed to send me a screen shot of the payment, when coming home after work. So I sat down at a PC, was checking my mails, reading news and doing stuff and then finally got the mail with the picture. I printed it out and now I hope, that the embassy will accept it on Monday. If not I will tell them to stamp my visa as invalid so I can get my passport back and then I wont go to Russia. Lets hope the best.

Anyways, I went home after that, put my laundry in. While it was washing I cooked lunch and ate. Then I put my stuff in the dryer and now I was watching streams online. I love these lazy days, even tho I wish there would be better weather and more company. It's pretty lonely here in the flat, since S., my flatmate is on Åland. But soon he will come back and then I go back to Ekenäs and A. I miss her already... after just half a day... incredible!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment