Thursday, May 27, 2010

Long time since...

It has been a long time since my last blog post. A lot has happened since then and I will try not to forget anything. However, I am not so much in the mood to post something right now, I reckon and so the post might be pretty short.

I am in Ekenäs right now. A. and I came back yesterday from Stockholm where we visited H. and L. two friends of A. It was a really nice short trip and so needed. We went on Sunday morning with the day ferry to Stockholm. We had a cabin, since it was for some reason cheaper than just a deck passage. We spent the 10 hour aboard with sleeping, eating loads of junk food we brought along, watching MTV, walking around, checking out the shops and looking out of the window. Not so exciting.

Anyways, the time in Stockholm was really nice, even tho H. & L. had to work most of the time and could not accompany us in town. However, we did a lot of things and even went into a museum, but the main activity was obviously shopping. One important thing we did is, that we checked out the (potential) internship places. We popped by those companies, A. just to say "Hi" and I just to get an answer and also to say "Hi". My visit however was not that successful, since they could not give me a definite commitment for my internship placement, since they don't know if they will have enough work then. On the one hand it shows me, that they would really take care of me and make sure that I have something to do and that I learn something, but on the other hand I still dont have a safe internship placement.

Now I am back in Ekenäs, as mentioned and will leave to Helsinki later today. I will go on searching for internship opportunities and hope I find something.

Tomorrow I will pick up my visa for Russia.

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment