Saturday, May 15, 2010

Reunion & Farewell

This was again a wonderful day. I got up early again, was working on my uni stuff and actually managed to finish one more assignment, which I planned to finish tomorrow.

Since I was now ahead of schedule I decided to enjoy this summery weather and went to the park again, was sitting there on a bench and was reading my book. Now I need a new one since I somehow got back my desire to read. I somehow never thought of reading travelogues, but after this one I actually acquired the taste for it. I also know already, which is going to be the next one. However, since it is in German and it is coming to the shops in the end of May I still dont know how to get it here, the shipping is so expensive.

Anyways, I just came back with E. & S. from the city center. We met up with F. one Italian guy who was here last semester. It was good to see him again, even tho we actually didn't had so much to do with each other. We went around the city in the quest of a sunny place on the terrace of a restaurant or bar. We finally found a nice place and were sitting, chatting and laughing. It was a good time and we also got into a conversation with the woman sitting next to us, who actually suspected S. and Me to be Finnish. We were talking about this and that, but when the sun went, it got chilly and so we left. Anyways it was really refreshing to just talk to a random person and therefore I am so looking forward to my trip to Russia, to meet new people again!

But it wasn't just a reunion with F., but also a small farewell for E.. He is going to leave tomorrow morning. He is going back to Spain, his time in Helsinki is already over. The signs, that also my time here is over soon are getting more and more. It will be weird, since S. and I are going to stay at least two weeks more here. It will be strange to be just two people in the flat. Also E. is all the time saying, that he doesn't want to leave. I can feel for him, it's always strange to come home after such a long time apart.

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment