Thursday, December 2, 2010

Preparing for Germany!

I am more and more preparing to come back to Germany. I am not packing yet, but I am mentally preparing. As I wrote two days ago already I am starting to get more organized again and start putting order into things. 

Secondly I am starting to eat German food again and to drink German beverages; the funniest thing of all is, that I actually bought them from Germans.
Today after work L., J. and I went to the Christmas market here in Oslo. It is tiny and, when we came, quite empty. We had decided to go there to get a Christmas feeling and especially to drink Glühwein and to eat Bratwurst. These two things are basically a must when going to a Christmas market in Germany.
The interesting thing however was, that at least half the stands on the market were selling German products. Of course, you could find the normal Norwegian things like dried fish and elk meat, but there were also stands selling, as mentioned Bratwurst and Glühwein, and Printen. Printen is the specialty from my hometown, Aachen. 
 
So I got some more Christmas feeling. When I came home I was totally stiff from the cold, but got a good message, when I came in: My flatmate just came from the airport and he found on the platform of the Airport Express Train a plastic bag with five bottles of liquor. In Norway they have a value of around 100€, which means he was super happy and mentioned, that we should share them... so I will write again, when I am sober! ;-)

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment