Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Time is Starting!

It gets really Christmassy here in Oslo. On all the squares are Christmas trees, all the streets are decorated, the shops put up their Christmas lightning and it smells everywhere like Christmas. In the office we started listing to Christmas music.. well, the radio channel started playing it and we have all the Christmas parties of the suppliers.

I just got back from the Rica Christmas party. It was really nice, free food and drinks and again some time outside of the office to talk to the colleagues. It's nice and you get to know each other better, which again helps the atmosphere in the office. 
Next week we are going to have a Christmas dinner just for Authentic Scandinavia, so it will be just L., T. and me. It is half a Christmas dinner, half a goodbye dinner for me. T. asked me if I wanted to have somebody else with us, but I said "no", since when you invite one other person you directly have to invite the whole office. So now it will be just the three of us, all from the same company, so nobody can complain.

The day after I presumably go to another Christmas party / supplier meeting / anniversary of the hotel. It is kind of special this meeting, because it starts already at 11 in the morning and is for the whole day. The hotel is located in Oscarsborg an old fortress on a small island in the middle of the Oslofjord. We are going to be picked up by RIB-boats at the harbor and going to have a high-speed transfer over the fjord. I hope I am able to take some pictures.

Anyways, it is really fun, as I said to spend some time with the colleagues apart from working and to get to know them. It is also good to get in contact with some people you are normally not talking to at all, since you have nothing to do with each other work-wise. I really enjoy that. I enjoyed that already on our colleague S's birthday party and I enjoyed it today. It was a really nice evening so far!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment