Sunday, December 12, 2010

Nobel Peace Prize Concert!

Yesterday evening I went together with L. & J. to the Nobel Peace Prize Concert! Last Friday the Peace Prize was given to Liu Xiaobo. Unfortunately he wasn't able to receive the medal personally, since he is in prison in China at the moment!
As a tradition for the last 17 years there was always a concert on the day after, to honor the prize winner. This time, however, the honoree couldn't be there and therefore it was kind of a special celebration. It was all the time addressed, that this celebration was for, but unfortunately in absence of, Liu Xiaobo!
I went to the concert together with L. & J. We had bought the tickets just the day before over an ad website. Somebody had bought the tickets, but didn't wanted to go there and so we got them rather cheap. 
 
The show was hosted by Denzel Washington and Anne Heathaway, two quite famous Hollywood actors. The line up included international stars like Barry Manilow, Herbie Hancock and Jamiroquai, but also local artists like Sivert Høyem, a Norwegian musician, and Robyn, who is quite big in Sweden right now!
Jamiroquai on stage!
Unfortunately my camera was considered too professional by the security and so I had to leave it at the cloakroom. Luckily L. had her compact camera with her and so we have at least some photos. We were sitting quite high up, which meant, that we were too far away from the stage to get proper pictures with her camera, but still, they are a nice memory!
It was a good evening with a nice show, different kinds of music and artists. It was the first time, that I was at a TV-live-production and it was interesting to see, how such a show is produced. It was also and foremost interesting to see and to experience a show in the honor of somebody, who isn't actually there. It was a good feeling, knowing, that this was not only a concert, but also a demonstration for freedom of speech and a protest against the internment of Liu Xiaobo!
The Royals!
I really liked the music and had a good time with L. & J. After the concert we went to L's place and still had some wine and were sitting together until 2 o'clock.

This morning I got up at 12, just had a coffee and was talking to my brother for an hour. It was good to talk to him again and I am really looking forward to seeing him in a couple of days again! I am right now warming up the rest of the lasagne from Friday and at 4 o'clock I will meet L. & J. again for a coffee!

This last weekend is Oslo is really nice and I enjoyed it. It makes me sad, that it is over already, but I know, that my last week at work will be good and I am happy to go home and to see A. finally again! I really miss her and it will be so nice to celebrate Christmas with her and my family! I haven't been home for Christmas for the last 2 years now!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment