Saturday, December 11, 2010

Getting rid of the last supplies!

I am leaving Norway soon. It's less than one week until I have my last working day and a bit more than one week until I will leave for Germany! In between I will be going to the North Cape still, which means, that this is my last weekend in Oslo.

It feels a bit weird, since I did not really realize, yet, that I will be gone soon and that Christmas is so close already. I don't have any presents yet and neither do I have any idea what to give as presents to all the people. Also it would be stupid to buy presents here in Oslo and to make my luggage heavier with them. However, when I am coming home I would have like 2 1/2 days to buy things!

Anyways, since I am leaving I have to get rid of all the food and some other things that I can't take home with me. I already started some weeks ago. I was just buying less food and was cooking dishes from the things I had at home. I got rid of the pasta, the rice and many other things. 
Since I had told L. about this, she had asked what I still had. When I mentioned, that I still had lasagne, she immediately invited herself to my place in case I would make lasagne. So yesterday in the evening I decided to make it and called her. So we cooked together and were eating together.
She was staying until two o'clock, L. was helping me to get rid of the wine, that I still had and we were talking about this and that. It was really nice with her and it's a shame, that I have to leave soon, since we always have such good time together.
Anyways, this morning I slept long, had breakfast and met up with L. in the city. We were about to look for Christmas presents and for "something red". It may sound weird, but the reason why we both were looking for "something red", was that "red" is the theme of our office Christmas party next Friday. 

So we walked around the city, from one side to the other, but didn't find anything. We both were also not really in the mood, neither for Christmas shopping, nor for "something red"-shopping. When I decided to go home, I offered L. to help me getting rid of the leftovers from yesterday evening. She happily agreed and so we came here to my place to have lunch!

After lunch we were sitting still for a while together, but now L. left home. She has to change and pick up the tickets. We will be going, together with some other people, to the Nobel Peace Price Concert tonight! I will write tomorrow about it, I guess, it will be good!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment