Friday, December 17, 2010

Office Christmas Party!

On Friday we had our office Christmas Party, which was a lot of fun. Everybody was supposed to bring some food so that we would have a big and diverse buffet to eat from. The theme of the Christmas party – no good party without a proper theme – was “red”, which meant, that, like on St. Patrick’s day with green, everybody had to wear at least a small item, that was red.
This had cause trouble before for me, since I don’t wear red. It doesn’t really suit me and the only red t-shirts I have I use for sleeping or sports. Also the only reddish tie I have is in Germany already and just wearing red boxers… well I don’t know if this would have been accepted. So I was on the quest the days before for a red tie. There were actually a lot of ties available also in all kinds of reddish, but no “Christmas red”.

Eventually I found one red tie, which was kind of ok and kind of affordable. Everything I had found before had been really expensive and just not worth the money.
Anyways, we all were dressed up and started to eat at around 1 o’clock. The buffet was diverse and the table was nicely decorated including the presents that we had bought for each other. The game was that everybody had drawn a name from a hat and had to buy a present for this person. Then you were supposed to write a sentence or some adjectives about this person, so that everybody would have to guess for whom that present was. “Simple” you might think, this is exactly what I did as well!
However, it seemed to be more complicated than it sounds. Some people forgot to write a sentence at all, some wrote about themselves, so that the person, who got the present would have to guess from whom that present was and one person wrote about the person for whom the present was and thought, that additionally the present should represent the giving-person. It was a total mess and our colleague S. who had organized everything was totally disappointed!
Anyways, we all got our presents and were laughing tears at all the sentences, poems and even songs from and for the people in the office. We had great fun and actually this total mess about, who understood the instructions how, was the funniest part about it! As a gift I got from F., who is extremely funny and was the one who did the instructions least, a very nice sentence about myself and a picture of my boss! He is known for giving funny presents and so it was perfect, that I was the last one to receive my present, since this was really the peak of laughter!
The party went on and on and we had good talks and a lot of fun. Nobody got drunk, there was no drama between two drunk girls for no apparent reason and nobody fell asleep in the office and got their face painted with a mustache. I really don’t know how I came up with these examples, it’s not like something like this happened; we are all a happy big family, who likes to have loads of fun!
~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment