Thursday, December 16, 2010

Probational Packing!

Today was my last proper day at work! Tomorrow is my last day, but we are going to have the Christmas party from 1 o'clock, so it isn't a real working day! Today was slow, T., my boss, wasn't there, since she got sick and so L. and I were managing with the new bookings and will all the other things. Additionally we had problems with the PC system and the printers and so we were not able to work properly. I was helping out my colleague M. from Haman FIT to do some invoices. I had done that before, since she simply didn't have the time, and so it was no problem and kinda easy work!

Anyways, after work I went around the city with L. and was looking for a red tie. The theme of tomorrow's Christmas party is "Red", but since red doesn't suit me, I don't have any clothes in that color. Unfortunately the only reddish tie I have is already in Germany and since I didn't wanted to buy the Santa Claus costume, because I wouldnt want to throw it away afterwards just because I am leaving on Tuesday, I decided to buy a red tie. We were also going to the shop to get some cheese, my contribution to tomorrow's Christmas buffet.
 After some time we split up and I went home. I wanted to start packing already. First I wanted to make a preliminary packing session for the time when I am going home to Germany. I have to plan, what I take, what I leave and just see if and how everything fits. After that packing I wanted to unpack everything, put it back into the shelve and cupboard and then pack for my tour up to the North Cape this weekend.

I know, that it is just Thursday and my flight goes on Saturday, but:
  1. I am flying really early on Saturday morning
  2. I wont have time tomorrow during the day, and
  3. I wont be able - mentally and especially physically - to pack tomorrow evening!
You see, the last chance I have to pack is tonight! Therefore I have already so many things on lying on my bed, ready for being packed!

Anyways, the packing was quite funny, I put basically all my stuff I have here - which is way too much - onto my bed and got down my backpack. I got all bags and more or less all other things I will want to pack into my backpack out of the shelve, the cupboard and the closet. 
 
I was putting everything into my rucksack; first the shoes, some dirty clothes and towels, just to have a base, so that the pack stands. Then I started to put all the things, layer after layer, in and was pushing and pressing on top, just to get out as much air as possible, to get as much as possible inside.
After some time - the bed was nearly empty - the pack was full, I put the last things in and was standing and thinking, where to put the few remaining things and how to bring them home, when I realized, that I didnt put anything into the small day-pack, which you can have hanging on top of the backpack. This will give me an extra 18l of packing space.
However, when I was looking at the rucksack, full to the top, I was worried, that it maybe would exceed 20kg and that I would have pay for the overweight. So I got out my weight measure and lifted the backpack. I was amazed, it had barely 16kg! This really is off, because I have the feeling, that I bought and that my brother brought more, than he actually took home. Especially my winter clothes are heavy and I am going to take (presumably) my linen home, that I bought here!

Anyways, I am happy, I know I will manage to take basically everything home. In the worst case I will be going to the plane with 4 smaller bags as carry-on luggage, but I dont think so! I am flying SAS to Germany and they normally have a higher tolerance than the low cost carriers. Even 1-2kg more are no problem with them - at least in the past!

Now I am going to eat! I have spring rolls in the oven and they are ready by now! After the dinner I will upload the pictures to the post and will publish it, then I will finish the packing and relax! I am so excited for the next days to come! I guess I wont be posting here until Monday, since I am offline on the Hurtigruten ship to the North Cape!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment