Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Afternoon!

Today after I wrote the first post I had lunch. I warmed up the rest from yesterday and ate it while watching an episode of How I met your mother. I really like this series and started some time ago to watch the whole series from the beginning again, which is funny!

Anyways, after the lunch I got bored of sitting inside and packed my camera and left for a walk through the woods. Lately I've been walking a lot here. It's really nice, as I mentioned before, since there are so many trails and paths through the forest. You can walk every time a different one and it doesn't get boring. Also you don't get really lost; ok, sometimes you don't really know where you are and which fork of the road to take, but if you just walk and walk and walk you will eventually find a map or a signpost on which you recognize a direction.
While walking through the forest I saw so many nice things. Just how the light breaks through the leaves, the colors and so on. Then I realized, that I tried quite often already to take pictures of it, but they never caught the real beauty. I realized, that there are so many things that you actually have to see and experience, since you can't capture them in a photograph.

So I walked through the woods and then just randomly up a mountain. I actually had seen it on the map and decided not to walk up there, but when I came to the road fork I reconsidered and climbed the Leyberg; luckily, how I realized when I was at the top. The last hundred meters of the path were really steep and more stairs than a trail; you really hat to climb sometimes.
The view from the top was magnificent. You had a view over Bad Honnef and over the Rhein. You could see the Petersberg, Drachenfels, Oelberg, Löwenburg (where I have been on Thursday) and also Bonn and Cologne. I sat down on one of the basalt columns and was enjoying the view and the sun.
After some time I turned back, climbed carefully back down and made my way through the sun-drenched forest back to Bad Honnef. I came out of the woods and found myself on a trail through the pastures. I walked back to the main road and then back home.
On the main road I realized, that I really miss motorbiking. I am living at the main road, which leads up into the mountains. Now, since there is so good weather, I all the time see and hear the motorcycles passing. I really miss to ride motorcycles and hope I soon have the possibility to do it again. It's my hobby and there is nothing worse than being unable to pursue a hobby.
 ~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment