Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Student Life!

This was a really good day! I got up in the morning earlier than usual, since I had to go to uni for a lecture. The lecture was totally useless, but at least I now have more clarity regarding the assignment of the course. Before the lecturer wasn't really definite in his explanations and was also mixing our group up with another class he has.

Anyways, after the lecture, which was short and, as mentioned, totally pointless I went with some of my colleagues to have a coffee and to talk a bit, which was really nice. Then I went home and was reading a bit for a group meeting later on.

At 12.45 I went back to uni, which is just a 5 minute walk away and met my group in front of the cafeteria. We had lunch together with some other guys from my intake. After lunch we were still sitting for a while; nobody was really motivated to start working.

We stopped by the coffee place, had a take-away coffee and went to one of the group work rooms and started to talk about our project. Luckily I had my laptop with me and checked my Facebook; just because of that I got to know that people had organized a football match for this afternoon.

We made good progress during the group work and were getting some structure into our project. It was just the second meeting and we made a big step forward. We finished earlier than expected and so I still had time to go home and relax a bit.

Then shortly before four o'clock I fixed myself and went to the football field. We were playing 5 vs. 5, which is just the right amount for this mid-size field. With four people you are not really able to build up an attack and with six players in each team the field is already too full.

Anyways, we played nearly two hours a very fast and therefore exhausting game. Furthermore the temperatures are quite high today the first time this spring (something like 24°C) and the field is fully in the sun; no trees on the side to give at least some shadow.

Now I just had a shower and feel totally refreshed. I was sweating like a pig and it feels like all the dirt is out of my body. Somehow I really like to do sports, but often I am too lazy to go out. Football with the "boys" is just perfect for me. You play just for fun and do not really have the pressure to go if you dont want to. I hope we will go on playing all summer on a regular basis!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment