Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Holiday in Hamburg!

Again I did not write for a long time. However, this time a lot happened since my last post. The few days after my last post I was in Bad Honnef and there is not so much to tell about. I was in uni or working for uni most of the time. The university-week was actually quite short, I am off already since last Tuesday afternoon. The Tuesday evening I went out with some Finnish people; a girl I met in Helsinki was in Bad Honnef to meet her friends, who are on exchange. She asked me if I wanted to join and so I went!

Anyways, on Wednesday I packed all my stuff and went in the evening to Cologne from where I got a ride to Hamburg. I arrived here late in the evening and just went to bed. The next morning A. left early for work and before I got up also her flatmate left for the Easter Holidays. So I spent the Thursday by sitting in the kitchen and reading again for university. In the afternoon I picked A. up from work and we biked home.

On Friday A. and I went to a viewing not far from the flat where she is living right now. After we had gotten a flat promised on Tuesday afternoon and had it taken away two hours later from a real estate agent we are again looking for a flat here in Hamburg; Even today we have a viewing again! The flat on Friday was nice and in a good area, we are really hoping to get that flat. The Friday afternoon we spent at the Alster, sitting on the lawn having a beer and getting some tan.

In the evening of this Good Friday we had - in accordance with tradition - fish. I made fried salmon and A. cooked potatoes and vegetables. It was very good and we enjoyed the dinner. Afterwards we got a craving for ice cream and so A. ran over to the petrol station and got us two Magnum Gold!
The next day we slept long and by noon we made our way to the city. We walked around the shops and did some shopping. However, it was way too warm and crowded in the shops and so we went to the supermarket, bought some cold drinks, coke and ice tea and went down to the Alster, where we were sitting on the quay in the sun, enjoying our refreshments.
The Sunday was dedicated to enjoying live - again. We went by bike to the Alster and were lying a long long time on a blanket on the lawn by the water and were hoping not to get attacked by one of the swans that was nesting close by.
We spent the time in the park by the Alster reading and talking. A. did some homework for her German class and I was taking pictures. It was a wonderful day and when we got home we were slightly burned from the sun. This didn't stop us from cooking and then fixing ourselves to go out. We took the train to the city and met up with A's friend H. We went first to a pre-party at some guys flat and then made our way downtown to the Reeperbahn to party. It was - as last time - a lot of fun and we came home late or early, however you wanna see it.
The Monday was a perfect hangover day, although I didn't really have a hangover. Anyways, we got up late, had some breakfast and took the train to Landungsbrücken. We again met up with H. and her friend B. and took the ferry from Landungsbrücken to Övelgönne to the Elbstrand. We were sitting in the sand, eating ice cream and just enjoying the good weather; we stayed until 6 o'clock when it got cool. In the evening we had super nice hangover food: Burritos/Fajitas/Tortillas (which ever word you prefer!). From the leftovers I then made a chilli, which I took as lunch to work today.






Now I am again sitting here in the kitchen. A's flatmate just came home from uni. He was away the whole weekend, had stopped by some time ago, just to leave his stuff and to pick up his uni material. I worked the morning on some uni things and will go on now until A. comes home from work. Then we have the other viewing and hope to get an answer quickly! We really need a flat!

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment